I am a mother, a grandmother and a contemporary realist painter currently living in Montana. I was encouraged to be an artist when I was younger due to some sad events in my life. Through this experience I started to learn and understand how much of an impact being an artist and the art world in general could have on a person if given a chance. Later, I wanted to be a seascape painter and went to school where I received my Associates in Fine Art/Humanities (2007) and have been able to continue my artistic education through books, the internet and personal experiences. Today I do not just paint the ocean but I paint anything that inspires me. Through my artwork, I want to encourage happy thoughts, happy memories and positive perspectives in order to stimulate a happy heart within my viewer whether it be from a nature scene to something as simple as a favorite coffee cup. - Frankie Stockman 2021Please continue down for more information, interviews with artists and some painting tutorial and ideas! ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|FOR SALE Oil on Canvas $150.00 without frame|
Because I am working full time now, I can no longer go to the studio unless it is on a weekend. The weekends are when I am able to spend time with my children plus be home relaxing. So I made the choice to give up the studio and move my things back home. I am now bunking in the attic with my teenage daughter. She has the entire attic as a bedroom and agreed to let me take one of the dormer window spaces.
I have only been in the attic for two weeks now and have been able to spend time on my painting. I have set aside about an hour each night after work which enabled me to finish it in no time. So in my heart, there is no sadness anymore, my decision was the right one.
|Oil On Canvas SOLD by Frankie Stockman|
I wasn't at all unhappy with her description of the work. I was just so curious how a landscape could show sadness and loneliness. Was the fact that she felt they were stuck, make her feel sad and lonely. Then I thought even further, am I feeling stuck, sad and lonely and it can literally come out in a simple landscape?
For the first time since I have been painting, I have never had anyone talk about my paintings in that way. The only feedback I ever get is on how good or bad my composition or perspective is. If I can paint realistic or not. It has gotten to the point where that would be what I tended to focus on instead of what really should matter and that is, how I feel.
The other things I thought about was that we have to stop telling artists how they can and can't do something. What they should and shouldn't do. Tell them how their works makes you feel and what you see. That makes a huge difference.
Wait! I didn't tell you about my new studio did I? I have so much to tell you! I have been a little busy trying to get it all together and it is finally here.
My space is really small. Actually I believe it is the smallest space up here. However, I have something no one else has. MY OWN BATHROOM. So I don't mind.
I am very glad that I moved up here instead of sitting in the corner of my house where no one else but me paints. It is nice to get around other artists and talk about things. There is mixed media artists here, acrylic painters, metal smith, wood, rocks, a quilter and even a tattoo artist.
I like being here.
A tone is any pure hue with a neutral gray added. When you mixing from these lists, you are just making each color less vibrant. I have been told that most people find tones very pleasing to the eye.
When you look at each list of mixes, know that if you do not have a certain color, then just play around with what is suggested. You may end up creating a mix that you really like and can use. Keep in mind that these are strictly starting points and suggestions.
- Prussian blue, umber and white
- Ultramarine blue, umber and white
- Cerulean blue, umber and white
- Black and white
- Black, yellow ochre and white
- Black, umber and white
- Umber and white
- Black, naples yellow and white
- Venetian red, viridian green and white
- Venetian red, green (cadmium yellow and blue) and white
- Venetian red and white
- Venetian red, yellow ochre and white
- Burnt sienna, yellow ochre and white
- Cadmium red and white
- Indian red and white
- Indian red, yellow ochre and white
- Naples yellow, venetian red and white
- Naples yellow, Indian red and white
- Naples yellow, cadmium red and white
- Naples yellow, burnt sienna and white
- Venetian red, ultramarine blue and white
- Cadmium red, ultramarine blue and white
- Alizarine crimson and white
- Alizarine crimson, venetian red and white
- Alizarine crimson, cadmium red and white
- Alizarine crimson, ultramarine blue, prussian blue and white
- Black, yellow ochre and burnt sienna
- Black, burnt sienna and white
- Black, umber and white
- Umber and naples yellow
- Umber and yellow ochre
- Burnt sienna and yellow ochre
- Prussian blue and cadmium yellow
- Prussian blue and cadmium orange
- Prussian blue and yellow ochre
- Prussian blue and naples yellow
- Prussian blue and burnt sienna
- Viridian green and yellow ochre
- Viridian green and naples yellow
- Viridian green and umber
- Viridian green and cadmium yellow
- Viridian green and cadmium orange
- Viridian green, ultramarine blue and cadmium yellow
- Viridian green, ultramarine blue and yellow ochre
- Viridian green, ultramarine blue and naples yellow
- Viridian green, prussian blue and cadmium yellow
- Viridian green, prussian blue and naples yellow
- Black and cadmium yellow
- Black and cadmium orange
- Black and naples yellow
- Cadmium yellow and umber
- Cadmium yellow, yellow ochre and white
- Cadmium yellow and white
- Cadmium yellow, naples yellow and white
- Yellow ochre and white
- Naples yellow and white
- Naples yellow, yellow ochre and white
- Ultramarine and white
- Prussian blue and white
- Cerulean blue and white
AFFORDABLE SMALL WORKS OF ART All artwork on this page is for sale. ***************************** 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ...
Okay. She is done. What can we call her? She needs an old fashioned name I am thinking. What do you think?? And I have to say that I thin...
I received an invite to send in my work again this year to a show in Arkansas. This is the same show that I tried to get into last year and ...